Saturday, May 16, 2009

1st year.... 4th year ... whats the difference

Okay, so I know that traditionally you are supposed to freeze the top of your wedding cake and eat it on your 1 year anniversary. I don't even know if people really actually do this. We did save the top of our cake, not intirely for tradition, most likely because it was really good and we had a lot left over (we may have over ordered)
Only problem was that on our first anniversary we were in Utah and our cake top was in California.... fast forward 4 years, dog, college gradutaion, baby and a move to California and what do you know - our cake is still there waiting for us.
So what else is there to do but try it - for curiousity's sake

side bar: Our cake was REALLY REALLY good- I know sometimes wedding cake is really really pretty but lacking in the flavor department - but this cake was good
and the frosting wasn't that really gross sugary kind you get on grocery store cakes - it was butter cream and DELICIOUS and the cake was chocolate with layers of chocolate butter cream ...... HEAVEN

so 4 years later- I gave it a try and it was actually good- the frosting was a little dry but the cake was still moist the chocolate butter cream was as awesome as I remembered and I ate the entire piece ( Ryan refuses to try it .... he is a fool)

Here are some pictures of my wedding cake - the day of our wedding






and here are some pictures of our cake top 4 years later - after I cut myself a
piece ....





not to bad.....

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations guys. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiyas! yay for cake! and no, tara isnt my gf. yet.

    ReplyDelete