Saturday, July 04, 2009

Let Freedom Ring ......

Happy 4th of July ......

For those of you who don't know, 4th of July is my very Favorite Holiday - I love SUMMER and it is like the quintessential summer holiday. My family always did a pretty good job of celebrating the 4th with a bang- so maybe that is where it stems from.... Neighborhood bike parade, Family BBQ with so much good food, canoe rides, water fights, fireworks - you name it and our 4th of July had it- (Thanks Mom and Dad)

I am hoping Ari will grow up to LOVE the 4th as much as I do- so we got him started on the right track. Last night Ryan and I were up til MIDNIGHT wrapping presents ----- no wrong holiday - we were decorating Ari's bike trailer for the ward 4th of July kids parade.

Here we are in the garage - decorating til midnight-


The flag ceremony was at 8:30 am- that is mighty early for a Saturday. After the flag raising we had a talk on the Declaration of Independence- as you can see, Ari was riveted- it was already HOT outside and the speaker was "long winded" it would have been really interesting (I am still a history nerd, but it was early and hot and I would have enjoyed it more in an air conditioned lecture hall)
"When will it be over Daddy"
"You said we were going to a pancake breakfast!"

Here he is - I should mention that Ari HATES his bike trailer - I don't know why - he just hates it (we are hoping he will get used to it and learn to love it, but its hard to for Ryan and I to get motivated to go for a baby screaming bike ride, when we could go for a happy baby walk instead.... we're going to try and be more diligent for the month of July

We even filled it with balloons (one of Ari's favorite things) hoping it would distract him enough.... it worked a little

I can assure you all that the bike trailer, and the contents inside were in fact Made in the USA.....

The most important part in keeping Ari from having a melt down was to just keep moving .....


this was no where near the organized neighborhood parades that I participated in with my bike when I was little - but it was a start

4 comments:

  1. Cute trailer! You win first prize in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget dad's cannon on your list of July 4th memories! Great pictures. I miss Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, how could I forget, Dang it I should have had him shoot it off while we were home, Ryan has only heard stories ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute... Ari's getting so big! I love the trailer!!

    ReplyDelete