Monday, November 03, 2008

I am not a playgroup kinda mom....

On Friday I went to the Thousand Oaks Mall to get Ari's pictures taken ( I will post a link when I get it) The Thousand Oaks Mall has a really cute play area and unlike the Simi mall it is indoor so I like it better. I figured Ari was SO GREAT for the photo shoot that he deserved to have a little time to unwind in the play area. That is when I realised I am not a playgroup kinda mom, oh yeah - and I hate kids... (no not your kids of course I like your kids, I hate other people's kids... again NOT YOUR KIDS--- LOVE YOUR KIDS

  Case in point - this little girl would not leave Ari alone, kept trying to pick him up, push him around, tell me how cute he was, tell me what he wanted ("the baby wants you to stop following us around") She was cute - but I can only politely in my "nice mommy" voice tell someone to keep their hands to themselves so many times before I actually lose it. I couldn't even take a picture of Ari without her jumping in and putting her arm around him for the photo.... Where were her parents you might ask- oh sitting in the corner of the play area with the other mommies totally ignoring all of their children who were trying to pick up Ari. Every once and a while I would here a "Jayden keep your hands to yourself" or "please don't pick up other peoples babies" but no REAL parenting.... THANKS FOR THAT


 
 
Posted by Picasa


So while Ari was sort of enjoying himself - when he was actually left alone - we did not stay at the play area for very long because I was about to have a break down. Maybe I am not cut up for playgroups..... (granted this wasn't really a playgroup - I mean the other moms knew each other so maybe it was their playgroup and I invaded their space- but whatever it was I just couldn't deal with all the "little helpers" touching and pushing and picking up MY CHILD)


*p.s. That little girl was not named Jayden - names have been changed to protect the youth - and she was not the only one "playing" with Ari- she was just the only one who actually put herself in the photo....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the joys of mall playgrounds. That is your first problem. The second is the nice mommy voice. After a bit, you no longer care how they feel about you, it is just of matter of an enraged mother bear protecting her young. You will get the hang of it!!!

    ReplyDelete