Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Checking in on my resolutions....

Ok -  so its almost been a month since I posted my resolutions - so its time for a check in

I am proud to report that I have done really well so far.

I have successfully broken up with soda ... it was HARD - and I am not going to lie about a week into our "break" I fell off the wagon - soda went out and got a brand new fancy ..."made with real sugar" and I just had to give it a try - but half way through the night it was the same ol same ol bickering and blaming and I remembered once again why I had broken up with soda in the first place - since then I have not looked back

water and I are becoming really close - I can't believe it but I actually crave water now... who would have thought???

Fastfood and I are barely speaking - I don't even make eye contact when I have to run into "the king" for nuggets for Ari .... Go Me!!!

Healthy Eating -- well its a slow starting relationship - but we are getting there - and me and breakfast, well we are really starting to enjoy each other

TV - don't even miss the lame shows I thought were cool -  Now I am down to 3 Bachelor and Idol and Make it or Break it

I have started to write more often then I was before I made the resolution -  I have cut down on my candy (although that was really just a seasonal thing.... its not like I eat a candy bar a day or anything)
 I think  I am doing a much better job at enjoying Ari - which has been such  a blessing to me.  We are going through an especially tough time with our little guy right now- he used to be so easy to get down for a nap and for bed, but now it takes everything I have to get him to bed.... but rather than dread it - I have started to love it - I love that it takes an hour instead of the previous 15 minutes to put my little guy to bed. I love that he wants to sit on my lap and rock with me in the dark while we listen to music... I love his sticky kisses and how he wraps his little arms around me while we read books...

BUT THE COOLEST PART OF MY RESOLUTIONS AND THE ONE THAT I AM THE MOST EXCITED ABOUT IS...........
I am going to do the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer  I wish I could take credit for this - but I owe it to my amazing friend KATE   I really really wanted to do the walk but was to apprehensive to take it on all by myself. Kate is going to fly in for the weekend ( September 11-12) so that she can walk with me.  It's going to be so great to be able to do something so amazing with one of the women in my life that I find to be so awe inspiring... and we will get to catch up on life.  
Now I need all of your help - while I am definitely getting a lot out of this walk (fitness, a weekend with my BFF, etc) I am really doing it to help find a cure to this horrible disease.  I am doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer all of those people who can't do the walk because of the toll this disease has taken on them.  So here is YOUR call to ACTION - I have committed to raising $1800 for breast cancer research and funding - and that is where I need your help.  I am going to do the training and the walking - but I need you to do the donating.  Every little bit will help - So for the next eight months I am going to update you on my progress and remind you to donate to this amazing cause.    In the next week or two I should have my donation web page up and running and I will post it here on the blog and on Facebook and in the multiply emails I will be sending to you and the letters you will receive in our mail box....
I have committed and I am In It To End It....

1 comment: