Saturday, February 06, 2010

I will do the hard work ... but you can make the difference

www.avonwalk.org/goto/joywilliams

I have made my commitment.
I am going to train
I am going to walk until I can't walk any further... and then I am going to walk some more
I am going to wake up early and lace up my shoes
My feet will blister and crack from the pain
but I will do it

what will you do ?

A lot of you may be asking yourself - why is she doing this?  Believe me I asked myself the same thing about a hundred times.  I don't personally know anyone who has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer - I AM LUCKY
I realize just how lucky I am that this horrible disease has not effected me more personally - and I want other people to be as lucky as me.
So why and  I doing this walk? Why have I committed to spend my summer training to walk a marathon and a half ?
I am doing it for my son, and my husband - While I have been lucky enough to not be personally effected by Breast Cancer - I am doing this walk to help keep it that way -
I want Ari to grow up with out the fear of losing his mom, grandma, wife, sister, aunt, cousin or daughter to this horrible disease.  I am walking for my husband- and for your's too.... Let's face it - they need us- as little as they sometimes like to admit it - they NEED us- and I don't want them to have to live without us.
I am doing it for every person - who, because of this horrible disease - can't do it for themselves... they were brave and I owe them this much.
and lastly - I do it for myself- see while I have been lucky so far - I still fear that someone close to me, will be personally effected by breast cancer - I am doing this to gain the strength I will need to face breast cancer head on and fight when the time comes.
I am doing this because I can make a difference -
AND SO CAN YOU


I  can't do it without your support - please visit my personal page and donate for the cause - if you would feel more comfortable sending a check - send me an email and I will get you the information.  I am counting on you all to be my little Army - I have sent you emails and now I have given you the link - now forward those emails and pass on my link to everyone you know-  if you are willing to forward a joke or a funny picture - I am sure you can forward an email about an amazing cause

I love you all - know that when I walk - I will be thinking of all of you - you are my strength and my inspiration!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment