Saturday, May 15, 2010

5 years ...

  

Has it really been 5 years... (well 6 if you ask Ryan).  Yep, that is right Ryan and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on May 14th.  I can't believe we have been married 5 years, it seems like just yesterday- but they have been 5 amazing years.  I love being married to my best friend and I love that no matter where we are or what we are doing - I always have a good time if Ryan is there with me.  He is the best husband, and partner and Daddy I could ever ask for. He is a hard worker and he knows how to have fun.  I love his relaxed, carefree attitude, and I love watching him play with Ari.  
Ryan and I have been missing Utah a lot lately.....WHAT.!?! okay not really Utah - but Utah dining.  Seems to us, that while we lived in Utah we had restaurants that fulfilled all of our cravings, - and well since moving to California - that just isn't as easy to do.  (Funny little side note- when we used to visit Cali or even Vegas we HAD to go to IN-N-OUT, we would eat there all the time while on vacation.... now that I live here and it's down the street - well- I just don't really crave it anymore.....) 
Oh, but lately I have been missing pupusas from center street in Provo, burritos from bajio, pork salads from Cafe Rio or Costa Vita, pot stickers from David's kitchen, sticky rice from 5 star restaurant,  and Mongolian BBQ from China Buffet.  
I talk to Ryan all the time about how, even though the weather here is 100% better and we have Disneyland and etc. etc.  every once and a while I get Utah sick .... 
So for our anniversary Ryan surprised me dinner at Cafe Rio!!!!!!! 




That's right - Ryan found out that a Cafe Rio had opened up in Manhattan Beach which is only like an hour away - so we drove down there for our dinner.  Cafe Rio pork salad has never tasted so good.  It may not have been a fancy dinner - and it definitely wasn't our most expensive meal- but it was perfect - exactly what my Utah sick heart needed.  Now we just need to find a pupusa place ???
I love you Ryan - I love you more today than I did yesterday, if that is even possible - and I will love you forever, without a doubt.  

Then to finish off our completely un-fancy but PERFECT evening - Ryan and I went to see Iron Man,  - it's a little known fact that Robert Downey Jr. is my #1 celebrity crush - (what you think that is weird... well I think you're weird!!!) 
   




  


But even on his best days..... I crush on Ryan more..... 


yeah, you might say I am pretty happy with the way things turned out 












Here's to forever Ryan.... Love you !
p.s. have you joined my Army of 1000 strong - well, I think you better  1000 Strong
p.p.s.  it would make a great anniversary gift.... you know, if you haven't bought us anything yet- hint, hint.... go now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment