Thursday, May 06, 2010

here's the deal

Some of you may know that I am participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.  This is a two day 39.1 mile walk.  I know it will be hard- but I also know it is nothing compared to the battle cancer patients fight to survive. I wanted to be a part of the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer because I wanted an opportunity to be part of something so much more important than myself- I wanted to really make a difference and I feel that this is an important and worthy cause.  I have pledged to raise $1800 for the fight against breast cancer by September - and I can not do that without the support of my friends and family and to be completely honest .... complete strangers who want to help.
Which brings me to this - My birthday is July 22nd - and I have been brainstorming on how I am going to come up with the money and ways that I can get all the emotions support needed to walk 39 miles - and I started to think about those who donate to the cause in my name.  I thought about how if I got 39 people to donate- in my head I would have 39 people cheering me on mile after mile, so if I got 50 people to donate ... WOW what a cheering crowd - I kept thinking about how while I am walking I will be thinking of all those effected by this horrible disease, and how I will feel all the support and love from those who have donated and it hit me --- WHAT IF I COULD GET 1000 PEOPLE TO DONATE - what if I could get 1000 people to donate just $1.00 each for my birthday - with all that love and support - I am sure I could do anything
SO that is the challange I have decided to take on - I want to see if I can get 1000 people to donate by my birthday July 22nd.  Now I don't even think I know 1000 people and that is where YOU come in.  I need you to be part of my Breast Cancer Army - I need you to send links to this post to all your friends and urge them to send it on to their friends ... All I am asking for is a $1.00 donation  (If you feel inspired and have more that you can donate.... please do - this cause is so worth it)
I will be writing the names of each of my "sponsors" on my shirt for the walk - and I would love to fill it up with a 1000 names of people who are in it to end it too.
If you were planning on sending me a birthday card, present or well wishes please do so here  What were your going to spend on a birthday card $2.95 ?  How about a donation of $2.95 towards something so amazing instead....

This is my challenge - to get 1000 donations by July 22nd - it's my own way of proving that ever LITTLE bit counts - and small steps can make a big difference - it's my way of giving 1000 people the opportunity to be part of this amazing cause - and it's my way of having my own personal cheering crowd, 1000 strong - as I cross the finish line on September 12th....

Pass it along -

No comments:

Post a Comment