Monday, May 14, 2012

What's in a name ... an introduction



Well here it is, I had intended to have this written and posted shortly after Maelin’s birth – but anyone with a newborn knows that was just plain wishful thinking.  Then I thought for certain I could get it done in time for Mother’s Day – (it seems I like to set lofty goals for myself) but alas I think today is going to be the day… so here it is
What’s in a name, an introduction
Maelin Joy Williams was born March 7th 2012 at 11:36 a.m. in what I consider to be the greatest labor and delivery ever (not that I have a lot of them to compare it too, right)
Maelin  ◊  Mae  ◊  Maeby*  ◊  Mae Mae 
*(like baby, ok I might be a huge Arrested Development fan J)  
 - no matter what we’re calling you – know that Maelin means love

A lot of thought was put into just what to call our lil girl –

Maelin, you won’t find your name in most baby name books, and I doubt it will ever make it into the top 10, or 50 or even 100- so let me take a minute or two to explain to you and everyone else, just what Maelin means

Maelin – your Oma is Dorothy Mae, she is strong and courageous and she is a fighter. She will always fight for what she believes to be right and she always searches out the truth.   She is kind and she is funny and your Oma always has a way of making you feel special.  She makes the best dumplings, barbequed chicken with mash potatoes and gravy and Holiday Ham gravy. While she may be far in miles, I know you will always be close in her heart. Maelin, you take a little bit of your Oma with you each and every day. She is an amazing mom, and my promise to you is that I will try my best to make her proud.  That’s the Mae in you- it means strong, determined and courageous.

Maelin- you have been blessed with a lot of amazing women in your life, most of them you haven’t even met yet, but you will.  There are your aunts Jill Lynn and Jacquelyn and Maria Len and me of course, your mommy, JoylinI had the privilege of having these great ladies in my life and am so excited for you to get to know them too. They are loving and funny, and each one of them has helped me become the mother that I am today. I watched each of them become moms before me and I witnessed the amazing little people they helped bring into this world. (Those people aren’t so little any more, you will see for yourself someday- you have a whole army of cousins who will always have your back) Maelin someday you will be a mother- and I know you will be kind and loving and you will love your children with all of your heart, because you will take with you the lessons you learn from these great women in your life, that is the lin in you.

Maelin - you have an amazing Daddy, and I have no doubt you are a Daddy’s girl (give him a little time to recover from that Wal-mart experience, you’ll see) Your Daddy is Ryan Mahlon - yep that’s right, it sounds the same.  Your Daddy loves you and he has since that very first day you became a reality to us- while we were standing in Miller Park (we’ll tell you that story someday) Maelin never forget you are your daddy’s girl- no matter what he will always be there for you.  He will always be in your corner Maelin, he will always be your biggest fan. 
So I am happy to introduce, our little bundle of joy, Maelin Joy Williams. She is sweet and she is loved. 



No comments:

Post a Comment