Saturday, October 23, 2010

39.3 miles that changed my life Part 2

So here we are Day one complete - there was so much
traffic at the "Official" 26.2 mile
marker that we borrowed this sign
from on the the people cheering
at the side lines

Here is our address for the event. E88, sleeping in a small tent on the hard ground never felt so good.  

Here is our tent .. home sweet home ! 

They call this tent city - you can see the shower trucks in the
background... once again, I have never enjoyed showering
in a tent so much 

yep, as if getting up at 6:00am to the thought of walking another 13.1 miles
wasn't hard enough... we had to take down our own tents 

Tent City 

Tent City @ night 

Here is the tent where we ate dinner and breakfast while at Wellness Village 

These are my feet after day one.. I haven't taken my socks off yet
to see the 6th toe I grew on my left toe 

  Here we are at the official END of the Walk on Day ONE 


No comments:

Post a Comment