Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Nesting.....

I have finally finished all of the sewing projects I had wanted to do for Ari's toddler bed. I finished the quilt and pillow sham a while ago, but wanted to use extra fabric to make a bed skirt.
But.... I got sick, and tired, and busy! aka -pregnant
Also, my dearest Ari, in a fit of rage (yep he has those moments) or possibly out of boredom- Ari decided to "hammer" the side rail of his toddler bed. It's made from a pretty soft wood and left some awesome knicks and scrapes. Nothing a sander and a new coat of paint can't fix- but in the meantime I hated looking at it. Also, Ari has recently gotten in the habit of "needing" to have a ridiculous amount of things with him at bed time.
Right now he requests:
Tag jr
Tag jr books (like 6 books)
Puppy dog night light
Light sabre (doesn't every little boy need one of those to sleep)
Regular books- these change daily usually 3 or 4
A gun - yep he is all boy!
Anyway he "needs" all these items and then throughout the night we hear little thuds coming from Ari's room- at first we thought it was Ari getting out of bed but no it's just him tossing his "needs" on the floor.
I wanted to make a little organizer that I could tie to his bed rail and cover up the knick marks. It took me a while but I finally finished.
Of course in true Ari tradition - he hates it, so it's going to take a little getting used to. His exact words were take it off, I want it all on the floor.
*I have no expectations of Ari keeping his "needs" in his organizer, but I am excited to have a place for it all so I can have a place to keep all his "needs".
Now I can finally get started on all the baby girl projects I have brewing in my brain.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute quilt! Is baby getting one too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really cute Joy. Nice job. Aren't kids fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief kiddo, you're incredibly talented! Way to go!!!

    ... now make me one.

    wink.

    Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so excited for you three!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy mama. Hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete