Saturday, September 27, 2008

Swim Class

Now that I am an at home mommy, Ari and I have been finding all sorts of activities to participate in. For September, we did Mom and Me swim, (isn't California amazing- its September and we are taking an outdoor swim class!!!!)
Ari loves the water and even before swim class we made it a point to take him in the pool every couple of days
He is a fish, just like his mommy was at his age



But we decided that an actual semi instructional class would probably benefit him more then the "lady days in the pool" that Ryan and I had to offer.



Mommy and Me swim was so fun, Ari absolutely loved the other babies in the class. He was the youngest and possibly the smallest, but he was a champ none the less.



The class was a combination of fitness for the Moms and introduction to water play for the babies. We even practiced climbing up the side of the pool and jumping in after the count to 3. Followed by turning baby around and holding the side of the pool unassisted. Ari had a little bit of trouble climbing out of the pool, simply based on size- but by the end of the classes he was a champ at holding on to the side of the pool unassisted. Here he is holding on to the pool with no help from me...





Ari and I both loved swim class and we are sad to see if come to an end for the season.

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing that he can hold on all by himself! Totally jealous that you can swim outside in Sept! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved taking these classes with the kids-even though I was usually not in the mood to be in a bathing suit at that point. The fun I had with the kids overshadowed my embarassment! It is amazing to see what they are capable of at such a young age!

    ReplyDelete