Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 3.... I think




I am pretty sure this is our third night of sleep transitioning for Ari - (although I will be honest I have no idea as this seems to be the longest three days of my life)
Ari's first nap of the day was o.k -
by his second nap he was totally on to us- as soon as I picked up a book and started heading to his room he was in tears
I read the entire story to him while he wailed away ....
I think he got about 45 minutes of sleep

and now it is 8:29pm and he is still crying - Ryan and I left his room at 8:20pm so its not like it has been forever - BUT his crying started as we were walking up the stairs - so he basically cried for his entire bath (he was happy for a tiny part in the middle) cried through his baby massage, and getting into pj's- cried through Harold and the Purple crayon and counting with Oswald.... and through Ryan and I singing I am a Child of God .... TWICE

so at this point it seems like he has been crying forever

Is this normal - HE HATES HATES HATES anything and everything that has anything to do with our night time routine- if you pick up a book, he starts to cry, take him into his room - he screams, start the bath.... he opens his own flood gates (I can't really fault him for crying when I sing - I am NO bikini girl*)

seriously is this normal - I don't want him to hate his night time routine, I thought that was the whole point of a night time routine, to get them prepared to go to sleep - Ari's routine just seems to get him all upset....

It's 8:34pm and my baby is still crying

and I have no idea how tomorrow is going to work with Church - two naps is new to us - so church being from 9-12 is sort of right in the middle
Ari will probably get up somewhere between 7 and 8 tomorrow which means he will be ready for his first nap between 9 and 10 ..... agh I am already stressed

it's 8:36 and I don't hear anything - for now ... cross your fingers for me

nope he is still crying

*if you missed the American Idol reference ....where have you BEEN?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. I'm serious, don't give up for at least 2 weeks. He'll go through phases of acceptance and rejection, but you can't tell if it's going to work for at least that long. Also, if it doesn't seem to calm him, I would skip parts of the bedtime routine, and pick them up again when he has gotten the hang of sleeping on his own. But that could be just me. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete