Friday, February 06, 2009

What's in a Name

Ari BURTON Williams



 

I had no doubt in my mind as soon as we knew we were having a boy, that his middle name would be Burton.

Ari, this is your Opa, Burton. He lives far away, but he is always close to our hearts. I named you after him so he will always be a part of you. There are many things I hope you get from your Opa..... (not just a name)

Your Opa is the hardest worker I have ever known. When he has a job to do, he does not put it off and he does not quit until it is finished (even if he really SHOULD take a break) I hope you inherit his work ethics.

Your Opa is very smart, he knows something about everything and somethings he knows EVERYTHING about. When I was little I remember him teaching me the state capitals and times tables. Your Opa is great at playing games - SkipBo, kings corners, cribbage- you name it he is up to play a hand a two.

Your Opa Burton has the best handwriting I have ever seen. It is so perfect and neat. It doesn't matter what he is writing, be it just a quick note to take to the store or a letter to family - his writing is always clean and neat, never sloppy. This is especially cool because he is left handed - and usually people who are left handed don't write so neatly. I hope you will always take your time in life and not be sloppy... no matter the task.

Your Opa is the best story teller EVER, I will try to do my best to tell you his stories - but I will know they won't be nearly as good. Fatt Johnny and Paul Bunyan and Babe the blue ox came alive to me every night your Opa told me a story. I hope you get his imagination and creativity.

Ari I know you are well suited for your name. I know you will be strong, honest, caring, eager, neat and intelligent - just like your Opa Burton.
I love you both so much
 

Posted by Picasa

Ari Burton Williams & Opa Burton 12/2008
It was so great to go home so my Dad could meet Ari
Burt and Lil' Burt will be best buds forever!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post to write Joy-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:17 PM

    The best post on your blog ever.

    Love, Barry

    ReplyDelete