Friday, February 20, 2009

Sleep Training Day 2

Okay so here we are again-
tonight we got off to a late start (that part is Ryan's fault... agh) so we had to omit the bath from our routine tonight
8:25pm I kissed Ari's head and lay him down for the last time - and shut the door - tonight was harder and I had already prepared myself for that - as soon as we started the bed time routine he started to cry, last night he was excited for a baby massage - tonight he knew something was up
so basically he cried through our whole night time routine
I exected the crying to be a lot worse that last night -

well it is 8:31pm and while I can still hear whimpers coming from his room - it is not a constant cry and I can only believe it is more of Ari trying to fight back sleep then it is him being upset with the arrangement (or that is what I tell myself)

naptime today was sortof successful- I do believe that Ari got about 30 minutes of sleep - but then he got up and was crying - I decided to take a shower and if he was still crying when I got out I would go in and get him - I am only going to make him stay in his room for a nap for an hour (that is how long he usually naps for anyway)
plus he got a morning nap - which we are not used to - so I think it will balance out

On a side note - Ari has the coolest night light ever - well, actually its a lava lamp (I can't find the star night light we bought for him what seems like ages ago) so he is using Ryan's old lava lamp - I think its a little creepy cause it glows red - but whatever I guess it gives him something to look at while he lay in his crib thinking how horrible I am for kicking him out of his bed........


well right now it is silent in Ari's room - I am already expecting a cry in about 30 minutes and then another one around 11 but hopefully we will be as successful as last night

thanks for all your support - I promise to get back to posting something more interesting as soon as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment